English Language Programs will only accept one proposal from each alumnus/alumna. In addition to information about your fellowship and current position, you will be asked to submit three short essay responses. Please limit your response to 200 words for each section.
We are accepting applications from September 18, 2018 until October 18, 2018.
Proposals will be be evaluated using the following criteria
- Potential impact on country-of-assignment
- Potential impact in the U.S.
- Potential impact on the TESOL profession
- Feasibility (e.g. contacts, outline of schedule)
If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essay 1: Statement of Purpose
Please use the following questions to guide your Statement of Purpose
- Why is the program important to you?
- How did being an English Language Fellow impact your career, your personal life, and your host institution/country?
- Why do you want to go back to your country-of-assignment?
Essay 2: Proposed Project
Please use the following questions to guide your Proposed Project
- What do you propose doing when you return to your country-of-assignment?
- Who do you plan to collaborate with?
- What is the anticipated impact or outcome of your project?
- How does your proposed project align with the specific needs of your country-of-assignment?
- What types of workshops can you deliver?
- What is your speciality? Which skill sets can you bring to the project? Which audiences do you want to work with?
- Do you still maintain contact with colleagues from your country-of-assignment? If so, who and how?
- What new skills and experience have you developed since your fellowship that will be relevant in your project? Or what skills will you further develop?
- Does this project relate to any current project or research you’re engaged in?
Essay 3: Impact
Please use the following questions to guide your Impact
- How will you share this experience with your family, friends, colleagues, and community back home during the assignment? (social media, press releases, virtual exchange with home institution during assignment)
- How will you share this experience with your family, friends, colleagues, and community in the U.S. after the assignment?
- How will participating in this exchange benefit you personally?
- How will participating in this exchange benefit you professionally?
- Do you have research interests?
- Does this project have opportunities for student exchange, service learning, etc. for your students back in the U.S.?
Submit your application here.