What is the Alumni Ambassador Program?
The English Language Fellow Alumni Ambassador Program is a prestigious cohort of 12 motivated alumni who are selected on an annual basis. The U.S. Department of State English Language Fellow Program relies on Alumni Ambassadors to share their program experience with the larger TESOL community.
Alumni Ambassadors are given a platform to share their fellowship experience with professional and personal circles through videos, webinars, podcast interviews, and at conferences and special events throughout the United States. This program is intended to empower our network of alumni and showcase the diversity, experience, and professionalism of the English Language Fellow Program alumni community.
Alumni Ambassadors will:
- Participate in local and virtual TESOL events with or on behalf of the English Language Programs
- Share resources on the Community of Practice with current Fellows and alumni
- Have access to resources for alumni networking in their region
- Serve as a reference for the program and talk to applicants interested in the region or country where they served
- Be enthusiastic and creative in sharing their fellowship experience with others
Alumni Ambassador Benefits:
- Stay connected with Fellow alumni, community, and staff
- Present at regional TESOL events, university visits, or in webinars
- Alumni Ambassadors will be trained on how to share information about the program
- Access Alumni Affairs resources and other State Department grant programs
- Receive special recognition by the program:
- With a profile feature on the program website and COP as the Alumni Ambassador of the month
- In program and alumni newsletters
- In program social media channels
- Attend or host networking opportunities at regional or international TESOL conferences
- Receive free registration when invited to present at a regional conference about their fellowship experience
- Receive U.S. Department of State discount code for the 2018 TESOL Convention
- Receive exclusive Alumni Ambassador swag
- Receive a PR kit of program materials for presentations
Alumni Ambassador Requirements:
- Be a proud alumni of the English Language Fellow Program and have completed a fellowship more than a year ago
- Be currently working in the United States
- Be committed to a one-year term as an Alumni Ambassador
- Be eager to share your fellowship experience with a variety of audiences
- Be an exceptional representative of the program by demonstrating the impact a fellowship can have on an individual’s career and community
Interested alumni should submit an online application by August 1, 2017. Applicants will be considered based on their completion of the online application form, an evaluation of their work during their fellowship in conjunction with RELO input, and how their career has developed post-fellowship. Twelve Alumni Ambassadors will be chosen for the 2017-2018 academic year with consideration given to regional diversity of fellowship and current locations.
If you fit the criteria and are able to positively represent the English Language Fellow Program, please complete the application form.