A landlocked country in East Africa’s Great Lakes region, Uganda is hospitable with welcoming, friendly people.
Host Institution: Mbarara University of Science and Technology
Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) offers a supportive, conveniently located work environment. The Fellow will be provided with a comfortable shared workspace, and colleagues are extremely helpful.
The Fellow may also work part time in EducationUSA facilities, which are well suited to advising students and holding small meetings, such as book clubs.
- The Fellow will organize, support, and teach reading and writing skills lessons and communication skills classes.
- The Fellow will work with faculty to develop and formalize the writing skills curriculum, organize and deliver academic writing workshops for postgraduate and undergraduate students, and develop and utilize an EAP online content.
The Fellow may be asked to:
- Review and revise the communication skills curriculum
- Assist UNELTA with grant writing and planning/delivering ELT training workshops
- Conduct English language education outreach in neighboring schools