Uganda is located in East Africa. The climate is very hospitable and the people welcoming and friendly. Nkumba University is a private Ugandan university located in Entebbe, Wakiso district, north-east of Entebbe International Airport. It is located 32 kilometers from the main capital, Kampala. There is a relatively small but active expatriate community in Entebbe with easy access to basic amenities.
Host Institution: Nkumba University
Nkumba University was established in 1994. The university has a student body of about 9,000, with over 300 academic staff members. The university offers courses leading to certificates, diplomas, baccalaureate degrees, and postgraduate academic qualifications. This institution is dedicated to the promotion of excellence among learners and builds students in key areas of creativity, confidence, competence and character. It is also open to new ideas, forms of teaching, and initiatives to develop and improve English language teaching.
- The Fellow will organize and facilitate coursework to improve reading and writing skills to undergraduate and diploma students.
- The Fellow will teach communication skills classes to undergraduate students.
- The Fellow will teach creative writing classes.
- The Fellow will work with faculty staff to develop English learning and teaching materials.
The Fellow may be asked to:
- Teach Theatre Arts/Drama in English
- Teach English to Bachelor of Law students
- Conduct English language outreach/workshops to other Ugandan training institutions