Mauritania is located in western North Africa’s Maghreb region. Nouakchott, the capital city, is home to the country’s government offices. The city is located on the Atlantic coast with access to the beach, and is home to around one-third of Mauritania’s 3.5 million people.
Host Institution: University of Nouakchott
The University of Nouakchott was established in 1981 and has more than 8,000 students. The Fellow will be hosted by the Faculty of Sciences and Technologies. This is one of the most important departments at the University of Nouakchott Al Aasriya.
- The Fellow will teach English for Specific Purposes in math and sciences classes.
- The Fellow will develop the students’ skills in speaking, listening, writing, idiomatic language and grammar.
- The Fellow will take on a mentoring role for thesis students and guide them with reading research related articles in English and with their writing.
The Fellow may be asked to:
- Work with the highest levels of the administration, helping them to develop the most effective curriculum for teaching English considering the specificities of the Faculty of Science and Technology
- Assist with the facilitation of the English Language Club and other activities at the Information Research Center (IRC) as needed