How do you apply?
To apply for the English Language Specialist Program you must complete and submit an application through our online system. You can create an application or access an existing application using the links at the very top of the page. An application does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can begin an application, save it, and come back to it at a later time.
Application and Matching
When submitting a Specialist application, you are applying to join the available applicant pool for all projects (in-country, virtual, and mixed). U.S. Embassies submit Specialist project requests throughout the year and they are filled on a rolling, on-demand basis. As each Specialist project is unique, requiring distinctive expertise, it is not possible to anticipate when an applicant might be contacted for an assignment. Before starting your application, please read the section containing information on the selection process.
What information do you need to complete an application?
You should review the eligibility requirements for the English Language Specialist Program before starting your application to ensure you have the experience needed to apply.
The application is made up of two sections: an application profile and the Specialist application. Both sections must be completed before the application can be submitted. You will be asked for the following information:
- Education/Credentials – You must list your relevant degrees and certificates.
- Affiliations to professional organizations and awards
- Areas of expertise – You must list the topics/areas of expertise on which you can present, give workshops, or provide professional development training.
- International experience – You must list the countries where you have professionally worked
- Contact information for at least two professional references
In addition to the Specialist application, the online system also includes the English Language Fellow application. You may choose to complete only a Specialist application or Fellow application, or complete both. You are not required to start or complete a Specialist application if you are only interested in applying to the Fellow program.