Announcing the English Language Programs’ new Virtual English Language Educator Program!
The application for projects in the 2022-2023 academic year will open Spring 2022.
The Virtual Educator Program offers experienced U.S. TESOL professionals a unique and completely online opportunity to support English language learning around the world, participate in U.S. Department of State public diplomacy, and build mutual understanding through cultural exchange.
Virtual Educator Program at a Glance
- Virtual Educator assignments are paid, part-time positions. The duration of projects varies greatly from several weeks to a full academic year.
- Virtual Educators have access to all the benefits of being a member of the English Language Programs family (online Community of Practice, ongoing professional development for both current participants and alumni, grants for alumni, and more).
- Participants work with universities, training institutes, teachers’ associations, American Corners, and other community organizations overseas, providing English language instruction and teacher training, with cultural exchange interwoven throughout.
- Virtual Educators take a leading role in projects that build skills that can greatly enhance their TESOL careers.
Virtual Educator Program Eligibility
- U.S. citizen
- A graduate level degree in TESOL or related field
- Five years of experience in education, including at least three years in ESL/EFL classrooms (in-person or virtual)
- Online teaching experience preferred
Virtual Educator Program Benefits
- Stipend ($35 per contact hour)
- Planning supplement, commensurate with the scope of the project
- Program Activities Allowance
Return to this page in Spring 2022 for more information about how to apply to the Virtual English Language Educator Program.