To support ongoing professional development of Fellow and Specialist alumni, the English Language Programs offers Alumni Registration Grants to reimburse virtual conference registration fees for alumni presenting at language education conferences during fall 2021 and spring 2022.
Alumni of English Language Programs who present on a topic relating to their Fellow/Specialist activities may apply for an Alumni Registration Grant. Grants will reimburse virtual conference registration fees after the successful completion of a presentation, and upon receipt of documentation showing attendance.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- have successfully completed a Fellow or Specialist project
- show proof of an accepted session proposal at a qualifying TESOL or other language education conference
- present on a topic related to English Language Programs (e.g., presentations, resources, or publications developed during fellowship or Specialist project; impact of Fellow or Specialist project on students/colleagues back home; etc.)
*current Fellows and Specialists may apply for an Alumni Registration Grant if they will have completed their assignments before the qualifying TESOL or language education conference occurs.
To apply, please submit an online application with the following components at least one month before the start of the selected conference:
- A copy of an accepted session proposal description
- A copy of the proposal acceptance letter including the title of the session
- A 250-word explanation of why the presenter plans to attend and present at the specified conference
- A link to a published Alumni Impact Statement on the COP explaining the impact of the presenter’s Fellow or Specialist project on his or her professional or personal life and communities
- Receipt confirming payment of conference registration fees
TESOL and Language Education Conferences
TESOL and language education conferences offer English language educators opportunities for professional development and support within their geographic regions. There are more than 100 independent TESOL associations worldwide with more than 40 associations in the United States. Each international, national, and regional conference offers its own opportunities for networking and professional development.